Cycling Club is currently on hold temporarily due to COVID
Cycle Therapy has formed their own Cycling Club; The Cycle Therapy Cycling Club! Going forward we will continue to support and work with Cowichan Valley Cycling. Meanwhile the CTCC will seek to be an inclusive club that encourages group cycling activities; organizes and promotes cycling events; participates in cycling advocacy activities; and in conjunction with the CVC will advocate and fundraise for improved cycling infrastructure in the Cowichan Valley.
Insurance and Club Details
Group Ride Insurance and the Cycle Therapy Cycling Club
You can become a member of the CTCC by signing up at the store. The cost will be $5.00 per year. Once you have signed up as a club member you can get your yearly licence from the Cycling BC web site. You will find the Cycle Therapy Cycling Club in the drop down menu. Please note that you don't have to be a member of our club to come on our group rides. You just have to have a Cycling BC Licence.
With a Cycling BC Club General / Affiliated Club Membership, you can participate in rides and club level races held by the club that you have joined. If you wish to participate inProvincial or Regional level races, or races or rides held by other clubs then you must also have either a Provincial Race Licence or a UCI International Licence.
Monday at 6:00 p.m. — Mixed Group Road Ride
- Ride your road bike in a group.
- Each ride will be a no-drop format. The groups will begin together and will end together.
- There will be two or three groups... a spot for every ability.
- It is a relaxing and social recovery ride for those of you who killed it on your weekend ride or race.
- A bit of rain won't cancel the ride but a heavy steady rain will likely cause a cancelation.
- Check our Facebook page for posted changes.
- The ride rolls out of the parking lot about 6:00 p.m.
Thursday at 6:00 p.m. — Mixed Group Road Ride
- Intermediate training ride to increase strength and endurance for the road cyclists.
- The duration will be set by the participants and the pace will be more aggressive than the Monday rides.
- The ride will split into smaller groups dependent upon pace.
- Light rain won't cancel the ride....a storm probably will.
- Check Facebook for last minute cancelations.
- Bikes roll out of the parking lot around 6:00 p.m.
Sunday at 10:00 a.m. — Mixed Group Road Ride
This is a harder training ride to increase strength and endurance for the more experienced road cyclist or gravel adventure rider. The duration will be from two to three hours or more. The ride may split into smaller groups dependent upon pace. In order to be placed on a mailing list fopr this ride please contact us with this request.
Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. - Group Mountain Bike Ride - MANDATORY LIGHTS!
Mountain Bike Ride Group Rides
Mountain Bike Rides on Mount Tzouhalem are becoming ever more popular! Everyone loves riding Tzouhalem. These group rides take place on Tuesdays and the group will meet at the Mount Tzouhalem parking lot at 6:30. These will be beginner to intermediate rides (depending on group size and ability) led by Matt Grossnickle; James Rolfe or Alan Churchill. Lights are NOW mandatory!
They will be approximately 1 hour rides that will require a sense of adventure!
We vary the location we ride every Tuesday so be sure to check out and follow our facebook page to find out where we will be heading. We mix it up between the following locations:
- Cobble Hill
- Mt Tzouhalem
- Maple Mountain / Richards
We look forward to meeting you and riding with you.